Monday 11 June 2012

Actual Work! Fo' Reals!

I've kind of noticed that there aren't that many examples of my work on here... Well, here we go; here's a little project I've been working on, purely for myself:

I have this idea for a story (well, a few, actually) but i find writing really difficult, and while I've written a shed load of notes, I can't seem to make them into anything readable. So, instead of not doing anything, I decided to stick to my strengths.

This is a collection of portraits I've made based on the characters in my story.  

These first three were done back in April, each one taking about two days...






I'm a fan of the kind of montage compositions made famous by Drew Struzan and his Star War/ Indiana Jones movie posters, and I think that might show through in these... BUT I have a really bad habit of leaving a lot of things unfinished, and this was no different.  When I started, I knew there were going to be at least six pieces, but I gave up after three.

For some reason, it was really bugging me that I hadn't finished them, until finally, yesterday I finished the fourth portrait:



 So there is hope!  I can finish this! And right now I'm working on the fifth....

 SNEAK PREVIEW

I realize they're far from perfect... but I like to think that I'm improving as I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment